Senior Node.js Developer
This is a rare opportunity to help shape the future of personal healthcare on mobile and web by solving engaging problems around large volume data processing in a node-centric environment.
iTriage, a technology start-up founded in late 2008 by two emergency medicine physician, was named by the Denver Post as one of the “Top Places to Work” and by Confluence Denver as one of the “Top 10 All Time Denver Startups”. It is a global developer of mobile and web healthcare software that empowers consumers to make better healthcare decisions, as well as improve healthcare delivery for providers and payers. iTriage is located in downtown Denver, Colorado, and has a small, fast-growing entrepreneurial team.
iTriage is an industry-leading consumer mobile app for iPhone and Android, and Web app at www.iTriageHealth.com. iTriage offers users an easy, fast, and trusted medical symptom to treatment search and decision engine. It answers the two basic questions asked by most healthcare consumers…“What is wrong with me?” and “Where should I go for treatment?”
Since its launch in 2009, iTriage has been downloaded and used by 10 million+ healthcare consumers around the globe, generating tens of millions of medical searches and self-assessments. In addition, thousands of medical providers have partnered with iTriage to provide consumers with critical information about their facilities and medical practices, making it more efficient for their patients to access the healthcare system.
iTriage is a widely used consumer app across iPhone, Android and the web, and has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars in both the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
Our Node.js team gets to work on cool and cutting edge projects, including adding new functionality to the iTriage app and enhancing our data analytics platform.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Node & software engineering experience
* 3+ years software engineering experience
* 1-2 years experience developing production Node.js applications
* Familiarity with deployment and monitoring of Node.js
* Familiarity with common Node.js modules – including Express and Request.
* Understanding of both relational and non-relational databases, preferably MySQL, Redis and Riak
* Experience with Streams in Node.js
* Deep understanding of building REST APIs
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Git: Please send us your GitHub account if you have a project that you would like us to review.
* Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals
* Object-oriented programming and design including Model-View-Controller architecture
* Experience working on a Scrum team and use of Agile project tools such as Rally
* You want help change the way people all over the world manage their healthcare
* You have a “do whatever it takes” attitude
* You want to learn more, build your experience, and contribute within a fast-paced agile environment
* You have a focus on users and customers, and a desire to win in the marketplace
* You excel at working with other employees and within teams
* Deliver a best-in-class analytics dashboard for internal users and external customers
* Help define requirements for projects
* Translate feature requirements into sound, creative software designs
* Creatively solve problems
* Work collaboratively with others
* Produce solid, thoroughly tested features (including automated tests)
* Plan and execute software releases
How to apply:
Email your resume and a link to work samples to email@example.com. Please specify “Senior Node.js Software Engineer” in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiters please. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A..