Remote Contract Node.js Sr. Developer at Twin Technologies, Inc.
We are seeking a few good men and women to help build a “best of breed” eCommerce-centric CMS that supports the creation, maintenance, and rendering of responsive page content. This contract opportunity is slated to run six to nine months — with an opportunity to extend itself based on need and performance. Our client is a top 200 Web Retailer that meets nine digit sales figures year over year. Your work will be visible and touched by customers worldwide.
Seeking a Node.js Senior Back-End Systems Developer
We are looking for a number of Senior Developers to add to our team that have proficiency and experience with writing scalable Node.js applications. If you have an intermediate level of mastery in Node.js, are obsessed with keeping up-to-date in the Node.js community, and have worked on teams that delivered scalable customer-facing solutions — then this opportunity may be perfect for you. This opportunity is a “once in a career” challenge that will be both demanding and rewarding. If this interests you, then please reach out to us.
What You Need for this Position
Our stack is Node.js, MongoDB, Memcached, and SQL Server so we prefer you to have experience with each of these technologies and problem domains.
1. Familiarity with high-scale server environments, including how to deal with production and staging deployment environments, architecting software and third-party systems for high-scale applications, and best practices around common deployment / operations concepts.
2. Node.js. You possess a practical and proven understanding of core Node.js technologies and can implement and support node modules in your sleep.
3. MongoDB and working with Mongodb Node.js driver and Mongo scripting shell.
4. Experience designing, implementing, and consuming REST APIs.
5. Service-oriented architectures (not necessarily via an ESB). We’ll be taking our legacy system’s core and refactoring it into services that can be leveraged by our new architecture.
Key Qualities That You Possess
1. You aren’t just an amazing engineer; you want to build something amazing that people love to use every day.
2. You are not confined or limited in your technology choices and believe in using the right tool for the job. That being said, you have the passion and knowledge to engage in discussions about various tooling and technologies.
3. You see beauty in concise, intuitive APIs: RESTful, pragmatic, and predictable.
4. You know from experience what people mean when they say “simplicity is hard”, and would choose simple and elegant solutions over complicated and complex ones every day of the week.
5. You are comfortable working with legacy systems, and have experience taking a measured approach to solving how legacy code and systems are refactored and replaced with something better and more maintainable.
6. Objective-C, Java, C#.NET, Go, Python and Scala are all bonuses. We don’t necessarily work with all these languages, but want people that have the drive, experience, and mindset to recognize when these languages should be used and why.
7. Demonstrate an understanding of complementary technologies that can be used to enhance application performance such as CDNs (akamai), stateless servers (nginx), cache stores (memcached / redis).
Node & Software Engineering Experience
-5+ years software engineering experience
-1+ years experience developing production Node.js applications
-Experience with deployment and monitoring of Node.js
-Working Familiarity with common Node.js modules
-Experience working with database concepts (both relational and NoSQL)
General Software Experience
-Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals
-Familiarity with eCommerce merchandising / content management use cases
-Experience working on a Scrum team and use of Agile project tools
-Experience working on a high-traffic / customer-facing site
-BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
-You have a “do whatever it takes” attitude
-You want to contribute within a fast-paced agile environment
-You exhibit “quality driven behavior” in how you work and communicate
-You excel at working with clients, customers, and within teams
-You have a desire to build “career-elevating” applications
-You understand and respect that deadlines matter
-You have the humility to learn from your mistakes
-You live up to the commitments you make
-You can provide personal references that will vouch for you
-You can travel periodically to meet with team members
How to apply:
email to: email@example.com
apply to: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/TwinTechnologies/75608638-remote-contract-node-js-senior-developer-work-from-home-anywhere-in-the-us-