Pantheon is a fast moving, PaaS startup based in San Francisco’s Chinatown district making it radically easier for professionals to build, launch, and run their websites. We’re building a big, badass platform to run 30% of the Internet:
* Leading service in a $130B market: Websites are the primary tech for companies marketing themselves on the Internet. Pantheon is bringing website tech to the modern era of cloud services. Our platform makes it easy for professionals build, launch, and run websites.
* Millions in subscription revenue, growing very quickly.
* Big badass distributed platform serving billions of requests a month from tens of thousands of custom apps.
We’re fond of beer, games, technology, space exploration, bicycles and really good East Coast bagels. We value autonomy, humor and hard work balanced with solid social time together. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities, (https://www.getpantheon.com/opensource) and have real relationships with many of our most active customers.
Some of the challenges you’ll help us tackle include:
* Designing and building efficient and reusable products and features and ensuring quality and repeatability.
* Building prototypes, proofs of concept, and implementing them at scale.
* Working with other team members to deliver improvements and new features.
* Continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication.
* Triaging bugs and inconsistencies in Product.
* Working very closely with our Support, Sales, Marketing, and Platform and Infrastructure teams to contribute to and improve our product development and deployment.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* A couple years of experience working as a fullstack engineer – you’ve worked on a consumer-facing web app doing feature implementation and iteration.
* Development experience! Language is less important as long as we’re talking modern dynamic programming languages (e.g. no .NET)
* Experience working with async frameworks like Backbone.js, Node.js, AngularJS, React.
You probably also have:
* Working knowledge of Git version control.
* The ability to own projects end-to-end.
* A willingness to get excited by the flexibility, challenging problems and dynamic nature of a startup.
* A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field) OR equivalent experience.
* Passion for user experience and goal oriented design.
* Knowledge of current best practices in web development.
Bonus points for:
* Projects on GitHub or somewhere similar that we can check out.
* Design/UX skills and/or experience.
* Test Driven Development.
* A strong distaste for SPOF and a heartfelt love of automation.
What we can offer you:
* Industry competitive salary.
* Stock options.
* Vacation days and time off.
* Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision).
* Top-of-line equipment.
* Fun at Drupal community events.
* Discounts on custom bicycles – the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle.
* Dog friendly office.
* Training stipend to attend industry conferences.
* Fully stocked kitchen and daily-catered meals.
How to apply:
To apply, go to: http://www.thesourcery.com/jobs/675/applications/new