GlobeSherpa is a Portland, Oregon based software company that specializes in making mobile payments easy. We provide a secure, mobile payment and mobile ticketing platform for transit customers interested in moving to open payments, open data, and mobile fare collection with minimal infrastructure investment.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to help us build our internal and external web-based applications.
GlobeSherpa’s team of seasoned software engineers and project managers are moving fast. Can you keep up?
- A dynamic company with innovative systems comprised mainly of engineers and designers
- Experts at developing mobile payments and mobile ticketing applications
- Run by a visionary yet pragmatic executive team
- Seriously productive
- Seriously fun
- Always learning
- Focused on delivering results
- A leader among your engineer peers
- Always looking for new tools and approaches to your work
- Easy going but have a plan
- Optimistic about the value technology can deliver
- Current on cutting edge technologies
- Familiar with open source libraries and frameworks
- A self-starter and self-reliant, but know how to be a team player
- Dedicated to keeping your customers happy
- Excited to show off the products you help create
- Comfortable writing unit tests for your code
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience deploying and supporting enterprise applications
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with internal business team, external customers and third-party technical staff
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Knowledgeable of common design patterns
- Focus on mobile-first responsive design
- Command prompt, unix tools, build tools
- Knowledge of JS frameworks (AngularJS) and tools (Grunt) a bonus
- Experience with agile development methodologies and processes
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA is a bonus
This position reports directly to the Company’s CTO. The job is based at the Company’s headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
GlobeSherpa’s headquarters are located in Northwest Portland, Oregon, home to a vibrant startup and business community nestled seamlessly within old-Portland retail and residential neighborhoods.
Our offices are centrally located, bike friendly and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the Northwest Portland district to the trendy Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
GlobeSherpa is an equal opportunity employer and affords employment to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability/handicap, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
We provide a competitive salary, health benefits, equity in the Company, generous personal time off, and other perks!
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your resume, a bit about why this is the right job for you, and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org