We are seeking a few good men and women to help build a “best of breed” eCommerce-centric CMS that supports the creation, maintenance, and rendering of responsive page content. This contract opportunity is slated to run six to nine months — with an opportunity to extend itself based on need and performance. Our client is a top 200 Web Retailer that meets nine digit sales figures year over year. Your work will be visible and touched by customers worldwide.
What You Need for this Position
Our stack is Node.js, MongoDB, and a handful of other technologies. You should have experience working with and implementing breathtaking responsive customer experiences on this or a similar stack.
1. Ability to collaborate with developers, business analysts, and UX resources to implement responsive UI solutions inspired by wireframes, visual designs, or other UX artifacts.
3. Experience taking UI components and architecting them in such a manner that that their behavior and content can be customized through a CMS.
4. Practical experience with mobile / multiple form-factor development and responsive design concepts – complemented by SEO and Social Media Integration best practices.
5. Node.js. You possess a practical and proven understanding of core Node.js technologies — and can work with back-end developers responsible for the service implementation to design and consume REST APIs.
Key Qualities That You Possess
1. You have a passion for creating beautiful and iconic front-end solutions — and understand what is involved with producing excellent customer experiences in web applications.
2. You understand the guiding principles of great usability — and how they can be applied to create web application experiences that resonate with customers.
3. You are not confined or limited in your technology choices and believe in using the right tool for the job. That being said, you have the passion and knowledge to engage in discussions about various tooling and technologies.
4. You know from experience what people mean when they say “simplicity is hard”, and would choose simple and elegant solutions over complicated and complex ones every day of the week.
5. Knowledge and experience with traditional programming languages (ex. Objective-C, Java, C#.NET, Python. Go, and Scala) are all bonuses. We don’t necessarily work with all these languages, but want people that have the drive, experience, and mindset to recognize when these languages should be used and why.
UI Software Engineering Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- 2+ years of front end / UI-driven web application experience
- Experience-driven understanding of web architectures
- Fluency in HTML, XHTML, and CSS (including HTML5 and CSS3)
- Practical experience and mastery of jQuery
- Working familiarly with JS frameworks such as Backbone.js, AngularJS, and Ember.js
- Working knowledge of Ajax concepts, JSON, REST API integration
- Understanding of semantic markup and a passion for clean, readable HTML
- Experience creating custom interface components and clean, portable code with keen understanding of object-oriented design
- Experience with TDD — and how to maximize the value of automated testing for UI components
Responsible Design Experience
- Practical experience developer consumer-facing applications
- Experience with developing mobile applications that respect multiple form factors
- Practical experience with following a “responsive design approach” to development
- Experience working with wireframes and visual design artifacts
- Best practice awareness relating to the use of front-end Web technologies
- Ability to quickly create mockups, prototypes, wireframes, etc. for feedback and testing
- Experience delivering HTML layouts from visual comps in multi-device settings
- Ability to collaborate with UX, creative and development teams on the execution of ideas
General Software Experience
- Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals
- Familiarity with eCommerce use cases and user patterns
- Strong code documentation habits
- Ability to read, understand, and work with code written by other engineers
- Experience working on a Scrum team and use of Agile project tools
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You have a “do whatever it takes” attitude
- You want to contribute within a fast-paced agile environment
- You exhibit “quality driven behavior” in how you work and communicate
- You excel at working with clients, customers, and within teams
- You have a desire to build “career-elevating” applications
- You understand and respect that deadlines matter
- You have the humility to learn from your mistakes
- You live up to the commitments you make
- You can provide personal references that will vouch for you
- You can travel periodically to meet with team members
How to apply:
email to email@example.com