Front-End Web Developer:
We’re looking to hire a talented Front-End Web Developer. American Expres Publishing includes Travel + Leisure, Food & Wine, and various other publications. You’ll be working with bright individuals who have a passion for programming and submitting to open-source projects. Our culture is easy-going and much more akin to a startup.
- Work at an established company that’s been around since 1850, profitable, and proud!
- Join a thriving team of developers to help drive the product. Your input will be welcome.
- Our team is test and spec driven. Nothing gets launched without a functioning test-suite, and are in the process of measuring as much as possible.
- We actively encourage contributions back to the Open Source Community.
- We provide training and tutoring, book and screencasts, and are more than willing to send developers to meetups and conferences that will further their growth.
- Great benefits package, a competitive salary, and the opportunity to work for a company Fortune described as one of the top 100 places to work. Work/Life balance is held near and dear to our core values.
-Work with designers to create wireframes and assist in the prototyping of the design.
-Ability to think critically and communicate effectively.
- Be comfortable interacting with clients and scope project requirements.
- Keep stakeholders apprised of project status.
- Perform other job related duties.
- A willingness to learn, teach, and make a lasting impression.
- Experience working with APIs, either integrating a third-party API or developing your own
- Experience with JS frameworks like Backbone preferred
- 3 years experience working with HTML/CSS, particularly taking a design mock and turning it into clean, hand-coded HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with Git or other distributed version control system
- Some experience with a backend scripting language. We use Ruby, but will accept PHP, Python, Smalltalk, etc.
- Experience with MongoDB, CouchDB or other Document store a plus.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, preferably RSpec and Cucumber, and Jasmin a plus
- A link to online portfolio or GitHub profile strongly preferred
- Past contributions to Open Source Projects or maintaining your own project are a huge plus.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please follow the link below to the American Express Career website and submit an application;